Here are a few tips and reminders about swim practice
- Always make sure your swimmer arrives at least 10 minutes before practice. Just like school, showing up late is a distraction to the coaches and their fellow team mates
- Swimmers should bring a towel, and goggles - swim caps are encouraged for girls and yes even the boys. Girls w/o caps should have their hair pulled back
- Parents are never allowed on the pool deck - parents may observe from the clubhouse porch
- Parents should not talk to or yell to the coaches during practice - they are concentrating on your swimmer
- Parents should not talk to or yell to swimmers during practice - just like school, you wouldn't interrupt the teacher or their class
- Parents should pick-up their swimmer on time - stranded swimmers should not be the responsibility of the coaches
- Swimmers should have a snack and drink liquids before practice - it's hard to swim on an empty stomach
Always encourage your swimmer - always tell them they did an awesome job
Please be patient during the first week - like anything new, we work the kinks out. If something just doesn't seem right - let me know.
Always hug a volunteer - without them we wouldn't have such an awesome team !!!